Good morning! I was pretty torn over whether to make today’s post more wedding or home related since we’ve got lots going on on both fronts. However, since the days of blabbing all things wedding are getting down to the wire I’ll take that route today. There will be plenty of time to chat about the home (we met with our first contractor yesterday evening for a few projects we’ve got up our sleeves!) after September 28.
When it comes to our wedding I keep waiting to feel crazy or stressed, but I just don’t. Maybe it’s the fact that we’ve had about 10 months to plan (since finding the venue and setting the date) and as of this coming Sunday we’ll have been engaged for a full year. How crazy is that?!?!? Unbelievable. I still feel like our engagement was such a shock to me that sometimes I still can’t believe this is actually happening. But it is!!
So today, I thought I’d share with you a list of the big remaining items we have left to accomplish over the next 52 days. Keep reading because at the end I’ll spill the beans about our awesome honeymoon and would love your recommendations.
Our big remaining wedding To Do’s
- Invitations – they’ll be mailed to guests by the end of this week. I got to see them (by the incredibly talented Megan of Ruby the Fox) and I couldn’t be happier. I’ve actually never received a suite quite like the one we’re sending. I may wait to share them until we have the professional photos because I’m pretty sure my iPhone could never do them justice.
- Engagement pictures–we’re taking them this Friday with our wonderful photographer, Tim Tab. We plan to take some photos around our new home & some favorite spots in our new Logan Square neighborhood!
- Final meeting with our florist next week.
- Final meeting with our officiant, Rev. Bob. Next week we get to go through our whole ceremony with him, get his feedback, and continue to tweak it. I love our ceremony so much. Robert and I both need to write/edit our vows. We won’t know what the other has written until we say/read them at our ceremony.
- My bachelorette party! Holy cow, it’s in two weekends. I am so excited about it and it’s all very…me. I can’t wait to spend the evening with some of my favorite ladies. I’ll be sure to share details and photos afterward.
- Choose wedding music. In many ways, this has been coming together very organically. Any time I’ve tried to Google stuff like “processional music” I’m left feeling blah. Like whatever I find is inauthentic or has been done 10 million times before. However, over the past few weeks Robert and I’ve be listening to favorite stations on Spotify or Pandora (on our new awesome bluetooth speakers) and realize a song we’ve both loved forever and means something to us could be the perfect fit for any number of moments in our big day.
- Finalize our day-of schedule.
I’m so thrilled to share with you that shortly after our wedding weekend we’ll be heading off to spend a week in a cottage in Bay Harbor, Michigan. After lots of planning, dreaming, and guidebook buying to places all over the world we decided that this is the perfect place for us. A place where we can unplug, lay low, unwind, and spend our first days together as husband and wife. During the day, we plan to explore adorable nearby towns such as Charlevoix, Petoskey, Harbor Springs, and others. (Any lunch/picnic spot suggestions??) In the evenings, we’re thinking there will be lots of delicious food and downtime by the fireplace. If you have any recommendations for what to see/do in northern Michigan, we’d absolutely love to hear it!