Celebrating Cinco de Mayo in NYC with my family last weekend
Oh my goodness how I’ve missed you. I’ve missed this space. I’ve missed spending precious time in the kitchen. I never intended to pull a disappearing act, but…well…life gets nutty and before I know it I find myself eating microwaved veggie burgers on an aruguala salad and calling it dinner. (And sometimes lunch….and sometimes in the same day.) Not exactly blog worthy. It’s been all good things, though. Still, I absolutely can’t wait to get back to making regular appearances and share the delicious things that will be going on in my kitchen.
For now, here’s a quick update on what I’ve been up to since you least heard from me, what I’ll be up to over the next few weeks, and when you can expect to see some scrumptious meals here again (soon)!
What I’ve been doing….
- I completed Yoga Teacher Training at Corepower Yoga here in Chicago. It was an incredible experience – I learned so much and made so many wonderful new friends. Who wants to come to my classes when I start teaching?
- I ghost wrote a book.
- I’ve been writing regularly for magazines including Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Health, Bicycling, Fitness, Parade, Everyday Food, Every Day with Rachael Ray, and many more. So, yeah, I’ve been doing my job.
- I traveled to San Francisco and Carmel by the Sea for a dear friend’s wedding in March.
- I traveled to Miami to celebrate my sister’s 30th birthday in April.
- I flew to New York City last weekend to visit my family and celebrate my birthday.
- I got older (28) yesterday. Robert took me to Takashi, an incredible Asian-fusion restaurant in Chicago where we enjoyed a 7-course tasting menu and a fabulous bottle of wine.
Here’s what I’ll be doing over the next few weeks….
- I start another Yoga Teacher Training at Corepower today (!!!) It’s a short five-week program that will enable me to teach at Corepower and share the rocking, sweaty yoga goodness with so many awesome students.
- Next Thursday (holy moly that’s only a week away!) Robert and I fly to FRANCE for a week. We’ll be in Paris for five days and in Tours for two. Last night for my birthday he gifted me the two nights in Tours. Amazing! We’re even staying in a CASTLE! If you have any recommendations for things to see/do/eat in Paris or Tours please let us know!
When can you expect to see me here again (regularly)?
- JUNE! Who knows, maybe I’ll have the opportunity to whip up something new this weekend (my Pinterest boards are overflowing with things I can’t wait to make/tweak/eat!) But I definitely intend to make it a regular habit to–first and foremost–cook real food (a.k.a. no more defrosted veggie burgers) and secondly share the sweet successes here with you.
Until then, I hope you have a delicious May and I can’t wait to see you again soon!